Massage is the manipulation of muscles and connective tissue.
Body massage helps relieve stress and tension in our bodies by increasing oxygen flow and blood circulation. Excessive unresolved tension and stress in our daily lives could cause continuous muscular tension. This type of mental tension or stress diminishes the flow of oxygen and blood to the muscles and organs, causing aches and pains, feelings of fatigue, symptomatic heaviness, tightness of muscles and stiffness. This can also increase the chance of strains and injury. Tension creates a tendency for a build up of toxins within the body and reduces the flow of the more subtle energy or life force (prana or chi).
Other benefits of massage are said to include:
– Assists weight loss.
– Improves and increases blood circulation and the flow of tissue fluid (lymph).
– Nourishes the skin (with the right oils).
– Soothes and relaxes the nervous system.
– Assists in the removal of deposits of tissue and toxins.
– Releases emotional and mental tension.
– Creates a feeling of well-being.
I offer the following treatments:
– Full Body Massage
– Half Body Massage
– Back Neck & Shoulders Massage
– Sports Massage / Deep Tissue Massage
Whether you would like to de-stress with a therapeutic back, neck and shoulder massage or you have specific problem areas that you would like me to focus on I can create a personalised treatment for you.
Please contact me to discuss and book your treatment session.